Job Opportunities at Eco-Cycle
Eco-Cycle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool to better serve our mission of bringing Zero Waste to all communities. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers. Eco-Cycle prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Eco-Cycle employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eco-Cycle CHaRM Cashier
Part Time – Non-Exempt
Eco-Cycle, one of the oldest and largest non-profit recycling organizations in the nation and a leader in resource conservation and Zero Waste, seeks a staffer to support the activities of the Center for Hard to Recycle Materials (CHaRM.) The Eco-Cycle CHaRM Cashier is a staff-level position that supports the public-facing customer service functions of Eco-Cycle’s CHaRM facility. This position conducts transactions with CHaRM customers and adheres to a professional and efficient standard of work and collaboration with other team members. The Cashier is expected to effectively interact with customers, coworkers, and equipment to ensure a safe facility and experience for all.
- Wednesday & Thursday 8:45 am – 5:15 pm
- Friday 8:45 am – 1:00 pm
The Cashier is part of a team that covers the CHaRM Window 6 days per week. Cashiers perform the following functions:
- Providing excellent customer service and conducting financial transactions at the drive-up window, servicing residential and commercial customers bringing in 25 different types of hard-to-recycle materials ranging from electronics to plastic bags.
- Offering direction to customers as to where their materials go within the CHaRM site.
- Guiding customers toward other community and regional resources to properly manage materials not accepted at CHaRM.
- Communicating with other CHaRM staff to ensure the highest level of customer service and effective teamwork.
- Utilize data management systems to support the gathering of critical customer and material data.
- Facilitating face-to-face recycling education to customers.
- Maintaining a positive relationship and coordinating financial transactions with on-site electronics recycling partner, Blue Star Recyclers.
- Balancing the cash register and POS system (Square) at the end of each day.
- Committed and passionate about helping to create social change for the good of the environment and both the local and global community, with a lifestyle that reflects an environmental ethic.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Google Docs, with a basic knowledge of the internet and social media.
- Independent and self-motivated; a self-starter who enjoys taking the initiative and helping to problem-solve with others.
- Familiarity with Boulder County and recycling/Zero Waste issues a plus.
- This is an hourly position with a starting rate of $15.00 per hour
- Fringe benefits include:
- Paid time off including vacation and sick leave
- 7 paid holidays
- Employer match for health/dental insurance and 403b retirement savings
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Eco-Cycle runs the Boulder County Recycling Center and employs people on the sorting lines and running equipment. Hiring for these positions is done by 5280 Staffing Solutions. Please contact them for current openings.
5280 Staffing Solutions:https://www.5280staffing.com/, 720-600-4528.
In addition, Eco-Cycle offers a variety of ongoing internships opportunities in several areas of our work. Please contact us if you’re interested in learning more about other opportunities or in creating your own program.