Job Opportunities at Eco-Cycle
Assistant Director for Eco-Cycle's School Recycling and Environment Education Program
Eco-Cycle, administrator of the award-winning School Recycling and Environmental Education Program in Boulder County, is seeking an Assistant Program Director. The program serves 86 public schools in three school districts, facilitating Zero Waste collection services and providing environmental education on a wide variety of topics to over 56,000 K-12 students and school staff in approximately 1,900 annual presentations and field trips (A full description of the program is available on Eco-Cycle’s website at http://ecocycle.org/schools). This position would prepare the successful candidate to take over the full program directorship after two to three semesters of mentoring.
1. Conduct periodic presentations on a wide variety of environmental topics for K-12th grade students using classroom, field trip and assembly formats.
2. Assist Program Director with the following efforts, increasing to full responsibility over time:
- lead and coach a staff of six, including educators, registrar and project managers;
- oversee collection systems for recycling and compost, including collection container placement, signage, and working with school staff and Eco-Cycle collection services;
- write proposals and maintain contracts and grants with multiple funders including governments, school districts and foundations;
- record keeping and reporting on a monthly and annual basis for multiple projects, grants and contracts; and
- provide extensive customer service to parents, teachers, administrators, and government and district partners.
1. Demonstrated dedication to environmental work and environmental education.
2. Bachelor’s or higher degree in science, education, environmental education or environmental sciences.
3. Experience with program management, including:
- managing a staff;
- record keeping and reporting;
- contract negotiation;
- program promotions and registration; and
- program materials development and maintenance.
4. Experience with curriculum and lesson plan development.
5. Experience teaching in a classroom setting and working with children from a wide range of ages.
6. Exemplary writing and computer skills, including with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
7. Detail-oriented, good time management skills, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible with changing tasks.
8. Has reliable vehicle to provide own transport to schools (mileage paid).
WORKING CONDITIONS & BENEFITS:
- Full-time position includes full benefits (vacation, sick leave, 401(K), health insurance, RTD Eco-pass).
- Opportunity for annual leave-without-pay for several weeks as part of summer break for schools (number of weeks to be negotiated).
- Mileage reimbursement for use of own car.
- Job requires all staff to be able to lift 50 pounds, carry materials up and down stairs, transferring materials in and out of a car or other vehicle.
Recycling Route Driver Position
Eco-Cycle is accepting applications for a (Class B) Recycling Route Driver position. (CDL-B) and non-CDL Route Driver
Eco-Cycle is looking for a full-time driver for routes in Boulder County. As one of the country's leading non-profit recyclers, we offer a competitive salary and benefits after 90 days. Salary based on experience.
Routes run Monday - Friday with some option for extra work on Saturdays. Must be familiar with Boulder County and not afraid to get dirty! Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and push and pull heavy dumpsters is required.
Must have VALID CDL- B license and a clean driving record! You may be asked to provide a current Motor Vehicle Record. For non-CDL you must have a clean driving record!
Qualified Applicants ONLY may contact Rodger at: . You must complete our Driver Application.
Maintenance Welder/Mechanic – Boulder, CO
Eco-Cycle requires a permanent, full-time Maintenance Welder/Helper to support the maintenance department in their aim to efficiently maintain equipment and facilities. The position is based in Boulder County. The ideal candidate will possess a positive frame of mind, cooperative team approach, and the ability to function well within a diverse maintenance team. Additional characteristic skills include a proactive and adaptive approach towards managing maintenance projects, proper attendance, and dependability. Being bilingual in Spanish is extremely helpful and a positive asset.
The key element to this position is maintaining and repairing processing equipment using knowledge of mechanical assembly, preventive maintenance, and welding skills to assure optimal operation.This role will work the second shift from 3:30pm to 12:00am with occasional overtime, supporting the company’s senior maintenance staff as required.
Complete intermediate level welding and maintenance work requiring welding with good precision
Experience in industrial maintenance field with the ability to work on repairing processing equipment, conveyor belts, and hydraulic equipment.
Preventive Maintenance and repair assistance with forklifts, skid steer, and front loaders.
Provide general help to (Mechanics, Welders, etc.) in their efforts to maintain company equipment and vehicles
Ability to prepare and maintain maintenance documentation and maintenance log.
Maintain the general cleanup of shop area and assist with cleanup projects as needed.
Required to work overtime hours, one or two Saturdays per month as needed.
At least 2-5 years of diverse welding experience on various sized equipment and materials, including fabrication and adjustment related welding
Extensive experience maintaining and servicing mechanical equipment such as cars, light trucks and/or heavy equipment. Must be capable of conducting basic repairs and be able to take direction from red seal mechanics on tasks
Experienced with metal fabrication and adjustment
Sound knowledge of mechanical machinery and the tools used to maintain them
Ability to operate a variety of hand tools and power tools
Ability to operate small and large equipment such as forklifts, skid steer loaders and a man lift is an asset.
The right candidate must be physically fit, able to climb ladders 20+ feet from time to time, lifting up to 40lbs, and navigating repairs in varying conditions including outdoor environments exposed to the elements.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND WAGE:
Working in an industrial plant with Indoor and outdoor conditions throughout the year in Boulder, Co
Second shift hours from 3:30pm to 12:00am, M-F
Starting Wage: $16 - $18 per hour (depending on experience) one or two Saturdays per month required with eligibility for overtime work based on employment standards rates
Eligible for benefits after 3 months of service
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail your resume to Eco-Cycle's General Mailbox with “Maintenance-Welder-Mechanic” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eco-Cycle runs the Boulder County Recycling Center and employs people on the sorting lines and running equipment. Hiring for these positions is done by Leadpoint USA. Please contact them for current openings.
Leadpoint USA: www.leadpointusa.com, 1-800-552-3136