Job Opportunities at Eco-Cycle
Eco-Cycle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool to better serve our mission of bringing Zero Waste to all communities. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers. Eco-Cycle prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Eco-Cycle employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
CHaRM Saturday Cashier Position – available immediately
Eco-Cycle's Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials (CHaRM) in Boulder is looking for a part-time cashier to staff our drive-up window on Saturdays. The opining is for a regular shift, Saturdays only, from 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Applicants who are also available to substitute occasionally for weekday shifts are preferred. This position is usually done “tag team” style with the other public-facing Saturday position of CHaRM lane customer service attendant. The customer service attendant roams the CHaRM lane to keep customer traffic from creating bottlenecks, answers customers’ recycling questions, and helps to make sure that the right materials end up in the right bin.
Saturdays are the busiest day of the week at the CHaRM. Applicants must be dependable, self-directed and have excellent customer service skills. Ability to work and communicate as a member of a team is paramount. The successful applicant will be able to complete transactions accurately, at an efficient pace, and most importantly, provide friendly and courteous customer service. Previous cashier experience and familiarity with Eco-Cycle and recycling in general are also valued. Pay is $15/hour, or as qualifications warrant. Applicants must be available for training during the week (approximately 10 hours of training over the course of a week prior to starting Saturday shifts, times flexible).
Please email a current resume to email@example.com.
CHaRM Warehouse Operator
Eco-Cycle, one of the oldest and largest non-profit recyclers in the nation and a pioneer of the Zero Waste movement, is looking for a friendly, energetic and positive person to join our team at our Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials in Boulder. CHaRM is a cutting edge facility which recovers value from a wide range of unique and challenging consumer goods. This is a full-time position with generous benefits. The job is a combination of equipment operation (such as a basic baler), forklift work (experience preferred but not required), and customer service (answering questions, helping people unload their cars). Full description is below.
- Provide direction and guidance to CHaRM customers to ensure they comply with material quality standards and to communicate the impacts of contamination
- Conduct quality control of all received materials at all phases of CHaRM operations: collection, processing and shipping.
- Maintain CHaRM public drop-off lane in a safe and orderly condition
- Operate a variety of material processing equipment including vertical balers, conveyors, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Direct and assist customers as needed and be alert for safety hazards
- Provide courteous and professional customer service at all times
- Keep all unloading areas free of debris (CHaRM lane and commercial unloading area)
- Assist Eco-Cycle drivers in unloading accepted materials for processing
- Assist self-hauling commercial customers in unloading accepted materials for processing
- Maintain forklift operator’s certificate in good standing (training and certification provided by Eco-Cycle)
- Perform regular basic safety check and preventive maintenance on forklifts and CHaRM processing and materials handling equipment
- Perform all of the above tasks in coordination with small yard crew by maintaining good communication and relationships with fellow Eco-Cycle staff
- Other duties as assigned
Job Experience/Skills Required
- A demonstrated personal commitment to our environment, to reuse/recycling and an interest in conserving natural resources
- Public facing customer service oriented experience
- Good team player – able to communicate problems and suggest practical solutions
- High priority on safety and cleanliness
- Some general knowledge of equipment/machinery/tools
- Certified forklift operator experience preferred with clean record or other large equipment experience
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds repeatedly
- Job requires performing physical labor in a safe way and includes significant time driving a forklift daily
- Job also requires working outdoors in all weather conditions in addition to working in a warehouse
- Must be 18 years of age or older
To apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject: CHaRM Warehouse Operator.
Eco-Cycle runs the Boulder County Recycling Center and employs people on the sorting lines and running equipment. Hiring for these positions is done by 5280 Staffing Solutions. Please contact them for current openings.
5280 Staffing Solutions: https://www.5280staffing.com/, 720-600-4528.
Our current internships are posted here. All our based out of our Boulder offices. They may be paid, unpaid or done for course credit. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
In addition, Eco-Cycle offers a variety of ongoing internships opportunities in several areas of our work. Please contact us if you’re interested in learning more about other opportunities or in creating your own program.