Job Opportunities at Eco-Cycle
Eco-Cycle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool to better serve our mission of bringing Zero Waste to all communities. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers. Eco-Cycle prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Eco-Cycle employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Eco-Cycle, Boulder's nonprofit recycler, is looking for a friendly, energetic and positive person to join our team at our Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials. CHaRM is a cutting edge facility which recovers value from a wide range of unique and challenging consumer goods. This is a full-time position with generous benefits. The job is a combination of equipment operation (such as a basic baler), forklift work (experience preferred but not required), and customer service (answering questions, helping people unload their cars). Full description is below.
- Provide direction and guidance to CHaRM customers to ensure they comply with material quality standards and to communicate the impacts of contamination
- Conduct quality control of all received materials at all phases of CHaRM operations: collection, processing and shipping.
- Maintain CHaRM public drop-off lane in a safe and orderly condition
- Operate a variety of material processing equipment including vertical balers, conveyors, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Direct and assist customers as needed and be alert for safety hazards
- Provide courteous and professional customer service at all times
- Keep all unloading areas free of debris (CHaRM lane and commercial unloading area)
- Assist self-hauling commercial customers in unloading accepted materials for processing
- Maintain forklift operator’s certificate in good standing (training and certification provided by Eco-Cycle)
- Perform regular basic safety check and preventive maintenance on forklifts and CHaRM processing and materials handling equipment
- Perform all of the above tasks in coordination with small yard crew by maintaining good communication and relationships with fellow Eco-Cycle staff
- Other duties as assigned
Job Experience/Skills Required
- A demonstrated personal commitment to our environment, to reuse/recycling and an interest in conserving natural resources
- Public facing customer service oriented experience
- Good team player – able to communicate problems and suggest practical solutions
- Some general knowledge of equipment/machinery/tools
- Certified forklift operator experience preferred with clean record or other large equipment experience
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds repeatedly
- Job requires performing physical labor in a safe way and includes significant time driving a forklift daily
- Job also requires working outdoors in all weather conditions in addition to working in a warehouse
- Must be 18 years of age or older
To apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject: CHaRM Recycler.
Eco-Cycle runs the Boulder County Recycling Center and employs people on the sorting lines and running equipment. Hiring for these positions is done by 5280 Staffing Solutions. Please contact them for current openings.
5280 Staffing Solutions: https://www.5280staffing.com/, 720-600-4528.
Legislative and Community Campaigns Intern
- Enthusiasm for, and personal commitment to, recycling and Zero Waste
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- A people person who enjoys engaging with others
- An independent team player who is able to carry out campaign activities with minimal supervision
Expectations of the Intern:
- This position reports directly to the Director of Legislative and Community Campaigns (herein stated as the Director).
- The Legislative and Community Campaigns Intern position is a part-time position (15 hours/week on average) with some evening and weekend engagements for the time period of February – May 2021 with the potential to extend the position for a longer time period.
- The Intern will assist the Director with state and local Zero Waste policy campaigns including but not limited to work in the communities of Erie, Longmont, Boulder and Lafayette.
- The Intern will work with other Eco-Cycle staff to coordinate education, advocacy and grassroots campaigns.
- The Intern will assist in relating with volunteers, elected officials, business owners and community leaders.
- Assist in engaging stakeholders and soliciting feedback on potential policies from local elected officials, municipal and county staff and sustainability advisory boards;
- Assist in organizing and presenting virtual or in-person presentations on policies, recycling, and composting;
- Table at public events (unless prevented due to COVID);
- Assist volunteers at the Erie Drop-Off Center on three weekend days to share a brochure, help unload materials (unless prevented due to COVID) and to answer questions;
- Assist in conducting door-to-door outreach in targeted neighborhoods (pending if allowed with COVID-19);
- Assist in building public and political support and organizing events for grassroots action needed to win Zero Waste, Climate and other Environmental Campaigns at the state and local level;
- Supporting Eco-Cycle staff by providing creative ideas, and strategizing synergistic ways to strengthen both educational and political campaigns;
- Writing email alerts, letters to the editor, blogs, and social media posts and
- Attending weekly campaigns meetings.
Compensation for the Legislative and Community Campaigns Intern is: $12.00 per hour with no benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Randy Moorman, Director of Legislative and Community Campaigns at email@example.com. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
In addition, Eco-Cycle offers a variety of ongoing internships opportunities in several areas of our work. Please contact us if you’re interested in learning more about other opportunities or in creating your own program.